IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR ALL MEMBERS
The latest guidance from England Athletics published 17th July 2020.
Following the new government advice on 9 July 2020 easing lockdown restrictions, we have updated our guidance documents based on this government advice:
- Guidance for athletes and runners: return to activity (PDF 260kB)
- Guidance for coaches and leaders: return to activity (PDF 320kB)
- Guidance for athletics venues: return to activity (PDF 235kB)
- Guidance for affiliated clubs: return to activity (PDF 250kB)
- Guidance for road running coaches: return to activity (PDF 320kB)
- Health and safety guidance: return to activity (PDF 230kB)
- COVID secure environment information (PDF 200kB)
- COVID scenarios and options flow chart (PDF 100kB)
runbritain has published its Covid-19 Guidance for Road Race and Multi-Terrain Race Organisers (21 July 2020) – click here for more information and to access the guidance.
The summarised changes are below:
What it means for athletics and running
- The summarised changes are below:
- Clubs, groups and coaching/leading activity can now take place in unlimited numbers if it is within a Covid-19 secure environment, otherwise the limit of groups of six (including a coach or leader) remains. Each coach is able to train 12 people at one time so in a club/running group setting, multiple coaching/training groups can be run if the requisite number of coaches/leaders are present.
- Different rules apply for those working with young people under 18. Please read and implement the government guidance.
- Informal activity or that outside the Covid secure environment must still be within two household units or groups of no more than 6.
- Social distancing and hygiene is still to be maintained and is key within a training involvement.
These guidance documents have been prepared by England Athletics Limited
Sarah Hewitt, Head Coach B&H and Bob Willows, Club Secretary