Congratulations to Amber Anning who has been shortlisted in the “Young Sports Personality of the Year” category at the Sussex Sports Awards. It follows a season in which the 18-year-old;
- Broke a 49-year-old UK Junior indoor 400m record (53.0) whilst winning a silver medal at the British indoor Championships.
- Became the youngest member of the GB team at the European Indoor Athletics Championships in Glasgow, where she won a silver medal as part of the 4x400m relay team.
- Won gold at the National U20 Championships over 400m, setting a new Championship Best Performance.
- Won silver at the European under 20 Championships in Boras, Sweden and ran the third fastest time by a British Junior woman over 400m for 37 years (52.18s).
- Won gold at the European under 20 Championships in Boras, Sweden anchoring the GB team to gold in the 4x400m relay.
- Won the South of England U20 200m indoor title
- Represented England Seniors over 400m in Vienna indoors.
- Broke her own Senior Sussex 400m record six times.
Amber has been a member of Brighton & Hove AC since she was 9-years-old.
The awards take place at the Hilton Brighton Metropole on Friday 22nd November.